And welcome to…the Blogger Recognition Award!
A big thank you to Lilly, over at thelifeoflilly for the nomination – you’re the sweetest 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
• Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
• Comment (or ping) on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
So I’ve already covered rule #1, so let’s start this list, rather unconventionally, with rule number 2, shall we…?
How TheOnlyWayisEgham began: A transcript
SCENE. A warm(ish) autumn day. Two creative writing students walk to classes.
Best friend: Yo, you should start a blog you know…
Best friend: Seriously. It’s such a good place to store all your thoughts and things
Me (played by Nikki, the creator and author of this blog) ponders for a long while. After said long while, she creates a blog. Hence, theonlywayisegham is born! Still, she tells no one until a few months later, when she realises, hey! I actually really love this and want to share my work with others.
My advice to new bloggers
- Okay so no matter whether you think your blog is getting no views, or not enough views…it is getting views, trust me. Genuinely the blog posts you think no one reads are probably the ones that are most widely read. You will realise this much later…or who knows, perhaps never at all. I realise that this piece of advice can either be comforting or disheartening but life’s what you make it, eh? 😉
- If your blog is centred on writing fiction, like mine is, be very careful about posting your stories online, because one day you might want to pitch said short story to a magazine, and many mags ask for ‘unpublished stories’, meaning that the writing hasn’t been seen elsewhere (in its entirety) in print or online which includes – you guessed it! – your blog. I would recommend posting excerpts. I don’t know if this is the same for other content – i.e. visual art, but would recommend checking that out.
- Take this seriously. Whether you want your blog to be seriously professional or seriously funny or seriously artistic or as a tool for some serious procrastination, you should do whatever you do wholeheartedly.
10 Other Bloggers:
If you have time, please do check out the bloggers below 🙂 Each offer different and interesting posts to the blogging community.
- Gospel Isosceles
- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Nadia’s Life
- Millie Schmidt
- It’s Yemmi
- The Life of an Inspiring Writer
- Notes from a Narcissist
- jupiter riot
- A11ce’s Vortex
- The Sarah Doughty
Thanks for reading! I really enjoyed writing today’s post. Nikki out!